A surprising number of good comedic actors star in this big budget squeakeuel. Alvin and the gang send Dave (Jason Lee) to the hospital with what I assume is an irreversible spinal injury, so they go off to high school to complete in some charity concert. Meanwhile their conniving former manager Ian (David Cross) uses his new act the Chipettes, a demographically equal female version of the Chipmunks, to sabotage the brothers. Also there's a football game and I think they pilot an RC helicopter.
Watch this trailer and try not to puke.
- Watching a live concert of 4 inch tall rodents is somehow more infuriating than a regular large venue musical performance.
- Possible title for the fourth movie: Alvin and the Chipmunk: Munkford and Sons.
- David Cross on the horrible experience that was Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.
- The romantic lead discusses Taco Cabana's Shrimp Tampico (and a bunch of other TC menu items).
- Just what you wanted to see: animals with children's voices sexualized for profit.
- You should see Wreck It Ralph instead.