Your Stupid Minds makes its triumphant return to the "family" genre with another talking dog movie in the spirit of our Cool Dog episode: it's Bailey's Billion$! Jon Lovitz plays Bailey, a talking dog that only Theo Maxwell (Dean Cain, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) can understand.
Can Bailey help Theo set up a triple love connection between Bailey and another dog, Theo and beautiful animal rights advocate Marge Maggs (Laurie Holden, The Walking Dead), and creepy weird kid Max and Marge's daughter Sam? Or will the dastardly Caspar Pennington (Tim Curry, Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas) and his wife Dolores (Jennifer Tilly, American Strays) ruin everything by kidnapping and/or murdering everyone to get their hands on Bailey's fortune? Tune in to find out!
- The website is still up and is full of useful information: http://www.baileysbillions.com/ (you may have to update your flash player).
- Director David Devine weighs in on the choice to be up front about filming in Canada: “It’s ludicrous and ridiculous that some artists don’t set the story in Canada—also that various film partners don’t back Canadian ideas with more money because there are many geniuses across the country who deserve to have their stories made. The single most important thing the Canadian film business needs is a HIT picture and I mean a commercially successful picture.”
- Jennifer Tilly's wardrobe, particularly her hats, are outrageous and maybe not family-friendly.
- Stephen Tobolowsky addresses the psychology of playing the villain in Beethoven's Big Break in episode 43 of his podcast the Tobolowski Files.
- This movie features multiple scenes of a dog being chloroformed.